Hi. Hey. Hello.
As you saw in my What I Got For Christmas post, I got the book "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, as well as her other two books "Sharp Objects" and "Dark Places". I started reading "Gone Girl" on the first night of the year, and read a few chapters every night, so it took me just over 2 weeks to finish, and I really enjoyed it. I want to read more this year, so hopefully I will keep up with reading every night. Here is a little review on the book, hope you enjoy :) Also, This post will have spoilers, so if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, or just don't want to know what happens, stop reading now, I promise I'll forgive you.
From the start, it was very easy for me to read, which is always nice. I liked how all the characters were introduced and how the book was written in the perspective of the two main characters, Nick and Amy Dunne. I think the story flowed very well when it was suppose to, and stop-start when it needed to be, like when it was flicking between Nick and Amy's perspectives. I love how Nicks character developed, so in the beginning, you only knew the basics about him, but as the story and investigation went on, you got to know more about him and all of his "guilty pleasures".
I also really liked how Amy's plan backfired on her, with all of her money being stolen by her "friends", then her being taken captive by Desi, being unable to shake him or escape from his house. As much as I liked Amy for all of her cunning plans and no detail left untouched, I didn't like what she set out to do, to frame Nick for her murder and send him to jail/death, but I guess the book is written in that way for a reason, to make you feel angry and spiteful towards Amy for her actions and it does it very well.
I didn't like the end though, it was very abrupt. I wanted to know what happened their child and if it was actually Nicks or not. I would definitely recommend this for anyone how likes a good, suspenseful book with lots of twists and turns.
9/10
From the start, it was very easy for me to read, which is always nice. I liked how all the characters were introduced and how the book was written in the perspective of the two main characters, Nick and Amy Dunne. I think the story flowed very well when it was suppose to, and stop-start when it needed to be, like when it was flicking between Nick and Amy's perspectives. I love how Nicks character developed, so in the beginning, you only knew the basics about him, but as the story and investigation went on, you got to know more about him and all of his "guilty pleasures".
I also really liked how Amy's plan backfired on her, with all of her money being stolen by her "friends", then her being taken captive by Desi, being unable to shake him or escape from his house. As much as I liked Amy for all of her cunning plans and no detail left untouched, I didn't like what she set out to do, to frame Nick for her murder and send him to jail/death, but I guess the book is written in that way for a reason, to make you feel angry and spiteful towards Amy for her actions and it does it very well.
I didn't like the end though, it was very abrupt. I wanted to know what happened their child and if it was actually Nicks or not. I would definitely recommend this for anyone how likes a good, suspenseful book with lots of twists and turns.
9/10
I hoped you like my little review, and it made sense to you, and makes you want to read it :) Thanks for reading and visiting my little place on the internet, comment if you want, and see you next time!!
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment