Friday, 6 February 2015

Foody Friday - Pasta Primavera

Hi. Hey. Hello.
Last Saturday, my boyfriend and I decided we wanted to have some"Fancy" pasta, so I went to the shops and bought all the things we would need for a Primavera sauce. I got this recipe from my mum, as she used to make it all the time when I was little, so this is just our families take on this sauce, because I know that are heaps of different variations. Side note, sorry in you have slow internet with all the moving pictures I made!
                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                   

Ingredients
- Whole Roast Chicken
- 1 Large Broccoli
- 250g Semi Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 250g Mushrooms
- 500g Thick Cream
 - Pasta of You Choosing

Serves: 3 or 4 | Preperation: 30 Minutes | Cooking time: 20 Minutes
                                                                                                                                   


First off, cut your broccoli and mushrooms up into pieces. I cheated and bought already sliced up mushrooms, but I thought they were too big, so I cut them in half again. You can cut your broccoli into pieces how ever big or small you like. Then you will need to rip up your chicken, and I used pretty much a whole one, but you can add as much or as little as you like. I just like my chicken haha
(Also, who doesn't love a good flat lay??)


Once all the ingredients are ready, time to start cooking! You will need a large saucepan or pot for this, as all the ingredients take up a lot of room. Start with your mushrooms, as they take the longest, then add the broccoli a few minutes later. I like the broccoli to have a little crunch still in them, so that's why I don't put them in at the same time as the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are soft and to your liking, you can add the tomatoes and the chicken, stirring in-between.
Leave that for a few minutes to heat up, then stir through your cream. Admittedly, I use quite a lot of cream, but I like the cream sauce that is made from it. You don't have to use this much cream, and you could probably switch it out for a healthier alternative, because apart from the cream, this recipe is actually very healthy. Once the sauce starts to bubble and after a taste test, is it done!


You can use any type of pasta shape for this recipe. I normally use long fettuccine or bowties, as I find they work with the sauce really well, but I saw these cute, little shell type ones (the name escapes me) and thought I'd give them a go. Cook the pasta like normal, I like to have the pasta start cooking when I start the sauce, as they finish around the same time, which is handy. After having this shape of pasta with the sauce, my boyfriend and I found they didn't really work well, as they don't mix will and get the sauce all though them.



And there you go, Pasta Primavera! This is one of my all time favourite pastas to have, so I love when I have time/effort to make it :)

                                                                                                                                   

I hope you enjoyed my little recipe, and give it a go. You can pretty much add anything to it that you like, I have tempted to add capsicum to it before, but never get around to putting it in. Thanks for reading and visiting my little place on the internet, comment if you want, and see you next time!!
xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment