Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Reviewsday Tuesday - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Hi. Hey. Hello.
In my What I Got For Christmas post, I showed you that got the book "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn along with her two others, and I decided to give it a read after I liked "Gone Girl" so much. It only took me about a week and a bit to finish, as it was a lot smaller than "Gone Girl" and I just loved it so much I couldn't put it down!!  Here is my review on the book, so I hope you enjoy :) Also, This post will have spoilers, so be warned.
Just like GG, it was very easy for me to read from the start, as it had a similar perspective, which I liked. The story line is a little bit darker, but I enjoyed it, as you got to know more about the main character, Camille, a lot quicker, especially because she has a lot more internal monologue happening. I liked how the story didn't play off that her family was perfect (far from it) and how much distaste Camille had for her mother, Adora, and how much she essentially ruined her childhood. I also liked how she became more closer with her sister, Amma, throughout the book, especially after they had taken the drugs together, and ran home together.
I always thought that Amma and Adora would very strange, so when I read that Amma had killed the young girls and Adora had been poisoning both Camille and Amma, as well as their dead sister Marian, I wasn't surprised. I also wasn't suprised that the reason Amma killed the girls was because they were getting too much affection from her own mother, whos affection she would only get whenever she was sick from her mothers drugs.
I enjoyed the ending of this book a lot more than in GG, as it wasn't as abrupt and it closed all the ends that had been made during the story line. Would definitely recommend this one.
10/10
                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                   

I hoped you like my little review, and it made sense to you, and makes you want to read it :) Thanks for reading and visiting my little place on the internet, comment if you want, and see you next time!!
xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment